Schedule for Monday, November 13
7:00am-10:00am Breakfast buffet
Breakfast was relaxed as we departed the hotel on a staggered schedule throughout the morning. My bus was last, not until 10:30, so I had time to sit and talk at breakfast with a few people without being rushed at all.
8:00am-10:45am Staggered departures for airport
12:53pm United Airlines 853 departs for Narita Airport,Tokyo
The rest of the day is lost due to crossing the international date line.
The flight was pretty rough the first few hours, but it wasn’t so bad after that. We were in the air for a total of 10.5 hours. I slept for no more than 30 minutes. Instead, I started reading my first book - Teacher Man by Frank McCourt. In fact, over the course of the flight I read the entire thing. It was excellent and I highly recommend it for any teachers reading this blog. McCourt
provides an honest look into teaching high school students at the lowest and highest levels in New York City schools. His anecdotes about the things he did before he knew any better as a beginning teacher are especially interesting, but really his entire approach to
reaching teenagers is commendable.
7:00am-10:00am Breakfast buffet
Breakfast was relaxed as we departed the hotel on a staggered schedule throughout the morning. My bus was last, not until 10:30, so I had time to sit and talk at breakfast with a few people without being rushed at all.8:00am-10:45am Staggered departures for airport
12:53pm United Airlines 853 departs for Narita Airport,Tokyo
The rest of the day is lost due to crossing the international date line.The flight was pretty rough the first few hours, but it wasn’t so bad after that. We were in the air for a total of 10.5 hours. I slept for no more than 30 minutes. Instead, I started reading my first book - Teacher Man by Frank McCourt. In fact, over the course of the flight I read the entire thing. It was excellent and I highly recommend it for any teachers reading this blog. McCourt
provides an honest look into teaching high school students at the lowest and highest levels in New York City schools. His anecdotes about the things he did before he knew any better as a beginning teacher are especially interesting, but really his entire approach to
reaching teenagers is commendable.
No comments:
Post a Comment